Sunday, May 24, 2009

Compact Digital P90...early report

While early on in my use of the recently intro'd Nikon Coolpix P90(Feb 09) I am losing optimism that this will work as an adequate walk around camera. My comparison to the user experience with the Canon 5D Mark II has created this disappointment as it is far more intuitive and lightning fast, allowing focusing and shooting that gets the shot you want. By contrast, the P90 is very likely to not get the shot when movement is involved. This level of performance is disappointing. Moreover, the camera seems to struggle with lower light situations...at least when hand held, and that is my preferred slacker style!

As to the quality of the images, no verdict yet as I continue to fill the 4GB card with the highest quality JPEG setting that the P90 offers. As seen from the viewfinder, I am uncertain as to whether the images are tack sharp. Hey, I have missed my fair share of sharp photos with the 5D as well...but we will see when I load'em up this week.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment